The Pareto 80/20 rule reveals the intelligence behind top performances and how the best performers separate themselves from the competition.
The Pareto principle is a principle, named after economist Vilfredo Pareto, that specifies an unequal relationship between inputs and outputs. The principle states that 20% of the invested input is responsible for 80% of the results obtained.
In other words, 20% of what you do (activities) brings you 80% of the results you get (money you make).
It is not so difficult, actually it's very simple. All you have to do is:
- Find out which activities made you the majority of the money in 2016.
- Write down a list of theses activities.
- Rate them on scale of 1-5 (1 least 5 most).
- Double your time spent on # 5 in 2017.
- Cut in half your time spent on #1-3.
Now go do it :)